configure spamassassin to only check incoming email

Hey list,

I'm using sendmail to handle all my incoming and outgoing email and now I've ran into a problem related to spamassassin. Because spamassassin also checks outgoing mail, sending outgoing mails always takes about 3-4 seconds. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, but my boss wants to send a newsletter every month to quite a number of users, and this is undoable if it takes 3-4 seconds per email.

I've tested it without spamassassin and it only took like 0.3-0.5 seconds, which is doable.

Another solution to my problem is ok as well, as long as the send-time gets decreased to around <0.5 seconds.

Regards,
Gijs