Re: Thunderbird: Cannot send email but can read emails

Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
I have the F8-Thunderbird account IMAPed to my SMTP server,
so I can read/send local email messages to local users.  But
I cannot send email Thurnerbird (IMAP) outbound non-local
messages.

then you should set up using 2 accounts, inside and outside
accounts and smtps,

you can use your filters to direct your incoming mail.

I can use windoes outlook to send/receive local/remote emails
via the same SMTP server from which this message was sent.

I am trying to figure out why via F8->Thunderbird remote
outbound email messages are "refused" (Thunderbird give the
appearance of no errors) - I tried to send a message to
Fedora-Users but was unable to do so.

you have your setup with default as inside account. you need to
setup outside smtp also.

Any ideas?

rtfm comes to mind.

perseverance helps.

--

yes. i am using mozilla thunderbird. and it feels good.  ;o)

tc,hago.

.