RE: repository for thunderbird [solved] + structuring boxes

g wrote:
| Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
| > g wrote:
| > | dan,
| > |  this is not in thinking you do not know. only for those
| who may not.
| > [snip!]
| >
| > I think the "box" (folders/directory) layouts are
| > arbitrary, you can setup your structures as you desire.
|
| nor did i imply otherwise.
|   yet i did hope to provoke other ways,

Understood.

| imap server:
| > I have "boxes" both under "Inbox" and outside of "Inbox".
| > I could have easily moved all by "Inbox" sub-boxes outside
| > of "Inbox" if I wanted to.
|
| appearance of 'presort'? for self or others?

Just for self.  Outlook clients that connect to Exchange
is a per-user/system configuration and is not globally set.
I just happened to set it up in this way and stuck with
it ever since.  Note however, that you can create exchange
"rules" so that new email arrivals can be automatically
moved from "Inbox" into your pre-defined "boxes". It just
makes it easier for me to categorize/organize inbound email
messages.

| > The problem I ran into was that someone recommended
| > that I place an entry such as "\Global Address List"
| > in the "IMAP server directory" field and in that
| > case, a "top-level namespace" was created and it
| > automatically added sub-boxes under the "\Global
| > Address List", "Inbox", Trash", and "Junk". Clicking
| > on "Subscribe...", you may find that you cannot select
| > any existing "boxes" outside of your "IMAP server directory"
| > namespace, as I did.
| >
| > My problem was solved by clearing the "IMAP server
| > directory" field and allowed me to "Subscribe..." to
| > all existing boxes in the global namespace.
|
| ok. but i am at wonder why, or is it due to ms ex 6?

No, it is not due to "ms ex 6" exclusively - it was setup
arbitrarily as explained earlier.

| > FWIW,
|
| a lot if it helps later.

No problem!