More Qlogic driver madness.

This is really getting silly. How is it possible that an initrd will not USE the firmware included with it to allow me to initialize my Qlogic FC card? I've built my own, I've read everything I can about initrd and initramfs and I'm still stuck. Are there tools included with Fedora that let me edit/muck initramfs settings? Or do I have to roll my own?

I just don't get it, between FC6 2.6.20 and 2.6.22 kernels in FC6 this capability was broken and no one's complained? I'm really very tempted to file a bug report on this for F8 and hope it gets fixed that way, since I'm unable to find an answer.

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support