Re: F9 - Install a Font

Am Dienstag, den 27.05.2008, 07:32 -0500 schrieb Steven Stern:
> I've found numerous guides to installing all of the MS core fonts via a
> spec file in F9, but how do I install a single TTF font in Fedora 9?
> System -> Preferences -> Look and Feel -> Appearances shows me available
> fonts, but I can't find a tool to add a font.

I just put my fonts in ~/.fonts directory. This way, they survive any
upgrades or reinstalls by only restoring my home dir.

Nautilus used to have a fonts:/// access, but now I dont' see it
working.

AFAIK, system fonts are located in /usr/share/fonts, but i didnt try
putting fonts over there. Maybe needs restarting xorg.

Good luck.
Rodolfo Alcazar - rodolfo.alcazar@xxxxxxxxxxxx
otbits.blogspot.com / counter.li.org: #367962