Re: Touchpad on Dell

A-HA! I don't think the problem is with the synaptics driver. It's deeper then that. When I initially boot up, my dmesg looks normal, but as soon as I try to use my touchpad, BOOM!, errors start spilling out:

psmouse.c: Failed to reset mouse on isa0060/serio1
input: PS/2 Generic Mouse as /class/input/input13
psmouse.c: Failed to enable mouse on isa0060/serio1
psmouse.c: bad data from KBC - bad parity
psmouse.c: bad data from KBC - bad parity
psmouse.c: bad data from KBC - bad parity
psmouse.c: bad data from KBC - bad parity
psmouse.c: bad data from KBC - bad parity
psmouse.c: bad data from KBC - bad parity
psmouse.c: bad data from KBC - bad parity
psmouse.c: bad data from KBC - bad parity
psmouse.c: bad data from KBC - bad parity
psmouse.c: bad data from KBC - bad parity
psmouse.c: bad data from KBC - bad parity
psmouse.c: bad data from KBC - bad parity
psmouse.c: bad data from KBC - bad parity
psmouse.c: bad data from KBC - bad parity
psmouse.c: bad data from KBC - bad parity

I've tried a couple of of kernel options to no avail :( Some on the internets think it might be related to the network driver (wlan0 iwl4965). But there are no solutions that I could find. Has anybody heard of a work around? Thanks