Re: Can't play sound from terminal w/ some users

wwp wrote:
Hello Tim,

On Sun, 25 May 2008 17:35:27 +0930 Tim <ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Sun, 2008-05-25 at 01:03 +0200, wwp wrote:
I've noticed that when I log in w/ some users in terminals, I'm not
able to play sounds using `aplay`. I get something like the errors
below, whereas it works perfectly for my default user and root.
Different users logged in at the same time, or are you logging
completely out, then in again as someone else?

I'm logged in GNOME w/ my default user, and within that session I open
terminals with root, user1 or user2 (`su -`). User1 and 2 are not able
to play sound from that terminals whereas root can.

Note that user1 is able to play sound using `aplay` from his own
parallel KDE session (using User Switcher).

Regards,

This is a permissions problem. Someone has to decide if this is desirable behavior, and then they have to fix it. You should go here https://bugzilla.redhat.com/ and do a search for any bugs related to this. If there are none, open a new one with the description above.