Re: Weirdness with Fedora/XP upgrade

Beartooth writes:

Consequence : those of us with F9 but no GUI are, apparently, up the creek. We can't get X to work, and we can't downgrade back to F8.

You can never downgrade to an earlier release. That has never been the case, and will never be the case, at least not until rpm is replaced by something else.

You are at Nvidia's mercy, to release a driver that's compatible with F9. Perhaps it's now clear why non-free binary blobs are a bad idea.