Re: what kind of /etc/fstab is this?

Amadeus W.M. wrote:
On Sat, 24 May 2008 23:14:29 -0400, Todd Zullinger wrote:

Amadeus W.M. wrote:
So I can't change this, can I?
You're perfectly free to change them.  However, if you change them to
use device names, you're not allowed to complain if it breaks because
the device names change on reboot someday. :)

That's precisely my worry. I'm not convinced about the utility of having schizophrenic partition labels upon install, with no other option. How many people run several unixes on the same computer? 5% maybe? Then maybe they should be given the option to have ugly labels, and let the rest of us have pretty labels by default.

But enough noise already.

There probably is an option in the expert install, but I have not checked... The UUIDs are handy if you change the order of the drives, or put them in another computer.

Mikkel