Re: USB Ethernet 10/100 dongles ??

On Sat, May 24, 2008 at 01:41:30PM -0400, Jim wrote:
> Using FC8 on i386
> Does A USB dongle for a 10/100 ethernet work on Fedora ?
> Will they all or just some of them work ?
> Anybody have one that works, want name brands ?
> I have a Gateway computer that doesn't have ethernet port and the
> standard ethernet cards are to big for this computer, it take a much
> smaller cards in the PCI slots.

Well, I gotta admit I don't know anything about usb==>network adaptors.

but I've got several cheapo network cards around here using a Realtek
RTL8139 chipset. some of them are little more than an inch tall and not
much longer than required to plug into the PCI slot. The good news is
that they;ve always worked in all my Linux boxen (though I've not
personally used 'em with a recent Fedora), and even better they tend
to be dirt cheap. I've gotten some of 'em for as little as ten or
twelve bucks.

Surely  something like that would fit your system?

--
---- Fred Smith -- fredex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -----------------------------
                    The Lord detests the way of the wicked