Re: fedora-list Digest, Vol 51, Issue 163

> Kevin Kofler wrote:
>> Federico Marziali <federico.marziali <at> gmail.com> writes:
>> Anyhow, just to report some minor issues in KDE4 (Which I like, but
>> the Oxygen style does not really suite me... I guess it is a matter of
>> personal taste)
> You're aware that the style can be changed, aren't you?
Of course, of course.. I was just astonished that the new style
specifically designed for KDE4 looks to me so "disconnected" from the
way that KDE4 team seems to interpret the look&feel of a "modern OS"
It seems to me that somehow it doesn't fit with the whole new bunch of
desktop "special effects". Of course it is just my personal taste,
this opinion is not based on any technicality...

>> 1. When selecting eject for the DVD-unit in the computer panel of the
>> kickoff, the disk just gets unmounted, but actually it is not ejected.
>> Any idea how to fix this?
> This sounds like a bug, but unfortunately I'm not sure what's wrong exactly.
Ok, I will file a bug... http://bugs.kde.org/ is still the right
place, also for KDE4?

>> 2. The "sounds" section in System settings does not seem to work
>> properly. Whatever I select on the left frame, the right frame does
>> not change. So how can I deactivate system sound notifications?
> The "sounds" se€ction only configures what output device sounds go to, the
> system notifications are configured somewhere else.
[CUT]
Ok, I'll keep searching... :)

>> 3. Superkaramba theme RadioList-mplayer does not work (Superkaramba
>> claims some components are missing...) Any idea why or suggestion for
>> a Plasmoid replacement to listen to a pre-built list of online radios?
> There will be a version of Superkaramba which works with Plasma in KDE 4.1.
Do you mean that no Superkaramba theme is at the moment working??
Unfortunately I'm not away from my laptop, so I can't try myself...

Thanks for your reply,
Fede