Re: Sun java plugin on FC9 x64 (with 32 bit firefox)

Agreed. I would love to use an oss version of java if possible. Unfortunately some of the applets just don't work as expected -- be it because the oss java isn't working right or the silly applets I am using test for specific version numbers -- I don't much care. Clearly its pretty ridiculous that sun has still not released a compatible plugin at this point (see the 'bug' reports for the latest linux plugin), but I digress... I have an i386 version of FC9 here that works with this 32 bit version of the java plugin and these applets work on it. Bottom line -- I want the same on 64 bit if possible. Is there a way to have a 64bit FC9 os running while having the sun branded java plugin working? I am willing to jump through as many hoops as possible, assuming its not 'reinsall with i386'. Btw nswrapper clearly states they do not support sun java.