livecd update

Hi;
 I have created a live usb F9 cd.
It boots fine.
 I used the "--overlay-size-mb 1131" option to use all of the 2G stick.

When I "yum upgrade" it downloads and installs the rpms just fine.
On cleanup it dies an updating the rpmdb, something about read only filesystem.

It;s strange because it lets me "yum install firefox" without any complaints.

Because I am using the KDE live image and I run KDE on FC9 I know it needs to be updated.

How do I do this?
Or how do I create my own updated image to copy to the stick?

thanks
  Mick M.