fedora on virtualbox

Hi all,

I've spent 7 hours so far trying to install fc4/fc6/centos5 onto virtualbox on two different machines and in every case the host freezes and requires a hard reset. On the laptop it actually powers off when it hits whatever the problem is.

I've no problem installing (gag me) XP.

Has anybody had any success installing fedora or centos onto virtualbox?

If it's not doable I'd like to know so I can look for a different solution. If it is doable I'd appreciate any pointers.

Thanks,
Mike Wright :m)