Re: testing hardware - use what software ?

Tim wrote:
On Fri, 2008-05-23 at 23:35 +1000, David Timms wrote:
I have a PC that is failing intermittently. What are the best choice
for attempting to pinpoint a hardware fault

By checking the hardware, directly, rather than playing with software.
Yes, and shoot it with the heat gun and so on. But is there some software designed to do stress testing ?

I'm talking about a machine that has had swaps to power supply, disk, ram, ram slots, is clean, reinsertion of cards etc, yet nothing definitive is showing up.