Re: Intel 945GM

Luke Sheldrick <luke <at> sheldrick.co.uk> writes:
> I have read that under FC8, you needed the 915resolution package to get
> 1280x800 to work, however is this the same under FC9?

No. 915resolution was for the old i810 driver which used the BIOS to
modeswitch, so you had to patch some tables in the BIOS to get the resolution
you wanted. Fedora 9 uses the new intel driver instead, which does modesetting
entirely in the driver, so it's just a matter of configuring the driver for the
correct screen size (try system-config-display).

        Kevin Kofler