Re: Vertical bars in status tray (KDE4-F9)

2008/5/22 Craig White <craigwhite@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> I gather you are referring me to...
>
> # grep panel /etc/xdg/autostart/*
> redhat-print-applet.desktop:X-KDE-autostart-after=panel
> sealertauto.desktop:X-KDE-autostart-after=panel
> user-dirs-update-gtk.desktop:X-KDE-autostart-after=panel
>
> NetworkManager service isn't running
>
> The presence of those bars seems meaningless to me.

Yeah, I saw something similar a while back and "cured" it by rm -f
/etc/xdg/autostart/* ... if the service isn't running that would
explain the applet not showing up properly. Failing that, I don't
know, but I suspect something similar (some applet that's decided to
not show up for the time being). Could just be debris left from
drawing the ones that are showing up and not redrawing some bit of
screen in between?