Re: Unable to install F9 on Dell Vostro 400

Luc MAIGNAN <luc.maignan <at> winxpert.com> writes:

> I can't install F9 on a Dell Vostro 400.
> When lauching, it seems to freeze or keyborad send two keys when
> pressing one. I tried install with 'noacpi' but without results.
>
> Is there another option to try ?

I don't know if this is related but on Dell 530S I had to go into
the BIOS and change the disk mode from IDE to RAID before I could
boot the install - in fact the same change was necessary before
I could boot knoppix or parted magic CDs as well - maybe it is
related to something in recent linux kernels on that hardware.

Net result is that I could not get dual boot to work at all
though I am happy only being able to use Fedora.

If anyone can enlighten further on this it would be valuable, and
maybe someone could say whether my problem is or is not related
to the OP's problem?

YMMV