Re: skype repository for fedora 9

Anne Wilson wrote:
On Monday 19 May 2008 19:29, Brian Mury wrote:
On Mon, 2008-05-19 at 14:49 +0200, wwp wrote:
Can't ask a guy whose contacts are on skype to use ekiga to
contact them (it's common in companies that the communication protocol
is imposed whatever it's silly or not).
Even if it's not imposehttp://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Main_Paged by a
company - if everyone I want to talk to is
using Skype, Ekiga won't be of much use to me.

Are there any SkypeOut/SkypeIn type services I can use with Ekiga to
make/receive calls to/from regular phones?

You can make and receive calls to 'regular phones', as far as I can remember. I haven't used it for a long time. Try http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Main_Page

Anne

the latest issue of the 2600 the Hacker Quarterly had a whole bit on voip and free gateways and such. I can't find it now because i have stuff everywhere, i am in the middle of moving, but if there is a barnes and noble nearby they have it on the shelf.

Max

--
On the eighth day he said "There shall be no rest for the weary."

On the ninth day he farted, and it smelled like sulphur.