Re: xmms autoplay

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 6:25 PM, Frank Cox <theatre@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
This has been bugging me for a while.  I look at it once in a while, and I still
haven't figured it out.  (Fedora 8)

I have the xmms-mp3 plugin installed from Livna, and xmms plays mp3 files
wonderfully well.

I have "audio player" selected as the program to use in Nautilus to  open mp3
files.

When I double-click on a mp3 files, xmms loads but then just sits there showing
the name of the last mp3 file that I played and not the one that I just clicked
on.

xmms works as expected from the commandline.  For example, I just tried this
command:

xmms moccasin\ road\ monday.mp3

That loaded the file "moccasin road monday.mp3" and it immediately started
playing.

Clicking on the "moccasin road monday.mp3" file on my desktop loads xmms and I
see "WINTERFEST MIX 01" in the window on xmms and that's it.  If I hit the play
button on xmms, it starts playing "winterfest mix 01.mp3" even though that's
not what I clicked on, just what I played immediately prior to now when I want
to play "moccasin road monday.mp3". If I want to play "moccasin road
monday.mp3" I have to select it from the file menu in xmms.

Click "Open With", then choose "User command".

Replace "xmms -e" for "xmms -f".

That it is it.

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti