Re: Default font in KDE: Fedora 7 vs Fedora 9

Kevin Kofler wrote:
Andrea <mariofutire <at> googlemail.com> writes:
I have the impression that somehow the new font used for menus, buttons does
not look as nice as it did in Fedora 7.

In System Settings, pick Appearance, Fonts, Adjust all fonts..., check Font and set it to DejaVu Sans, check Font style and set it to Regular.

I have no idea why this isn't being picked up as the default font, it's supposed to. For some reason, it's defaulting to "Sans Serif" and interpreting that as "Nimbus Sans L", whereas it would be expected to default to "Sans" which is a FontConfig alias for "DejaVu Sans".

        Kevin Kofler

It looks better, but it's like the whole set of widgets (menu, buttons, toolbar...) looked smoother in F7.
I need to find a screenshot and change themes and appearances.
But maybe it's application specific and there is nothing to do.

Cheers

Andrea