Re: ssh-agent in f9 how?

On Sat, 2008-05-17 at 19:27 +0000, Mike wrote:
> Gordon Messmer <yinyang <at> eburg.com> writes:
>
> > Gnome has its own answer for this: it'll ask you for a passphrase the
> > first time that you need a key, and keep the key in the agent
> > thereafter.  You don't need to do any configuration for this.  It just
> > works.
>
> Thank you.

If you want something that will behave the same in Gnome or KDE, use
keychain and install pinentry with both pinentry-gtk and pinentry-qt.
Take a look at the man page for keychain for instructions on setting it
up, you just add a line to your .bashrc file like:

eval `keychain -q --eval id_dsa`

It can also handle a gpg-agent, I don't using it though because the
default timeout of gpg-agent is incredibly short and I don't actually
use gpg on the command line much other than for signing RPMs, and RPM
has its own set of commands it uses for that.

--Tim