Re: f8: network manager shuts down network on logout

Nataraj wrote:
I have an f8 system installed on a laptop.  It does not bring up the
network interface until I login on the X console and then shuts the
network back down when I logout.  f9 on the same laptop does not do
this.  How can I disable this function in f8 so that the network comes
up at boot and stays up (so I can remotely access the machine) unless I
tell it to reinitialize the network.

Thanks,
Nataraj

If you stop the NetworkManager and NetworkManagerDispatcher services and start the network service, this should take care of it. You will have to disable/enable them as well so that you have the same configuration on reboot.

Mikkel