Re: libc-client.i386 won't update

On Mon, 2008-05-19 at 15:52 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Mon, 19 May 2008 06:45:43 -0700, Donald Reader wrote:
>
> > I ran yum update yesterday and had to exclude the libc-client update
> > as it was not allowing yum to update at all.
> >
> > I ran yum update again this morning and the libc-client package is
> > unable
> > to update snip of the output
> > snip...
> >
> > Resolving Dependencies
> > --> Running transaction check
> > --> Processing Dependency: libc-client.so.2006 for package: php-imap
> > ---> Package libc-client.i386 0:2007a1-3.fc8 set to be updated
> > --> Finished Dependency Resolution
> > Error: Missing Dependency: libc-client.so.2006 is needed by package
> > php-imap
> >
> > end snip
> >
> > rpm -qa | grep libc-client yields this as the output
> > libc-client2006-2006k-1.fc8
> >
> > Is this a packaging Error or what?
>
> Yes. An incompatible libc-client package obsoletes libc-client2006.
> See earlier thread with the subject "pine".
>
> > Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated
>
> php-imap needs a rebuild, too.

I felt that this subject needed a thread of its own as
it is not exclusive to pine in which not only was the
pine package mentioned but also livna repo. I am not
saying that the pine package from there is does not need
rebuilding but needed to put light on the fact that it is
also an issue coming from Fedora's own repo and that the pine
package is not the only package affected by this. I only have
the php-imap package affected but there may well be many more
packages that this last update is affecting that have not posted
to the list about it yet.

I will have to wait for the next round of updates and hope the issue
is resolved but at least others may now know that the last update is
breaking things and it has been posted so that the issue is known

Thank you for your response

Donald Reader