Re: Using Gparted

Jim wrote:
/dev/sda1   *           1         510     4096543+  83  Linux
/dev/sda2             511         854     2763180   83  Linux

This computer has one of those SSD drives in EEEpc
The harddrive has been partitioned with a / and /home ext3 by FC9 and operating system is installed. I split the 8gb SSD harddrive in half, equal to two partitons and now I find / needs more space than /home. I took 1gb away with Gparted from /home and it is now "unallocated" I want give that 1gb , to /

You will need to move the /home partition to the end of the disk before you can add the space to the / partition. The problem is that the free space is now at the end of the disk, so you can not add it to the first partition. (It could be done if you were using LVM for /.)

Mikkel