Re: USB stick can't display contents - FC9

Jim wrote:
FC9, Plugin USB stick/flash drive and I get error message.

URL cannot be listed
system:/media/sdc1

It opens the Dolphin file manager but folders/files are not displayed.

If I try to drag a file into Dolphin I get the Error Message;

Could not start process Unable to create io-slave: klauncher said: Unknown Protocol 'system' .

So is the problem that the stick is not mounted, or that this "dolphin" application isn't working properly? Is it mounted? Does "df" show the stick? Does "ls" list the contents.

It's not clear exactly which part isn't working and how much of the problem lies with the tools you are using after mount.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>