Re: problem of building stardict

On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 5:42 PM, cjzjm100 <cjzjm100@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> [...]
> checking if libtool supports shared libraries... yes
> checking whether to build shared libraries... yes
> checking whether to build static libraries... no
> configure: creating libtool
> appending configuration tag "CXX" to libtool
> checking for ld used by g++... /usr/bin/ld
> checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
> checking whether the g++ linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared
> libraries... yes
> checking for g++ option to produce PIC... -fPIC
> checking if g++ PIC flag -fPIC works... yes
> checking if g++ static flag -static works... yes
> checking if g++ supports -c -o file.o... yes
> checking whether the g++ linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared
> libraries... yes
> checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
> appending configuration tag "F77" to libtool
> checking if libtool supports shared libraries... yes
> checking whether to build shared libraries... yes
> checking whether to build static libraries... no
> checking for gfortran option to produce PIC... -fPIC
> checking if gfortran PIC flag -fPIC works... yes
> checking if gfortran static flag -static works... yes
> checking if gfortran supports -c -o file.o... yes
> checking whether the gfortran linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared
> libraries... yes
> checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
> checking for library containing strerror... none required
> checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
> checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... (cached) yes
> checking whether gcc accepts -g... (cached) yes
> checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89... (cached) none needed
> checking dependency style of gcc... (cached) gcc3
> checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... (cached) yes
> checking whether g++ accepts -g... (cached) yes
> checking dependency style of g++... (cached) gcc3
> checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... (cached) yes
> checking for stdlib.h... (cached) yes
> checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
> checking for getpagesize... yes
> checking for working mmap... yes
> checking locale.h usability... yes
> checking locale.h presence... yes
> checking for locale.h... yes
> checking for LC_MESSAGES... yes
> checking libintl.h usability... yes
> checking libintl.h presence... yes
> checking for libintl.h... yes
> checking for ngettext in libc... yes
> checking for dgettext in libc... yes
> checking for bind_textdomain_codeset... yes
> checking for msgfmt... /usr/bin/msgfmt
> checking for dcgettext... yes
> checking if msgfmt accepts -c... yes
> checking for gmsgfmt... /usr/bin/msgfmt
> checking for xgettext... /usr/bin/xgettext
> checking for pkg-config... /usr/bin/pkg-config
> checking pkg-config is at least version 0.9.0... yes
> checking for ENCHANT... yes
> checking for GUCHARMAP... no
> configure: error: Gucharmap library not found or too old. Use
> --disable-gucharmap to build without gucharmap plugin.
That means that you :
 1) don't have gucharmap devel pacakge
 2) you have an old gucharmap devel package

> I dont want to disable the gucharmap.
> I know i should install the newer gucharmap package.what other packages
> i should install?By the way ,can you tell me the function of these packages?

You must read INSTALL or README file , there must be a list of dependecies.

> should i pay attention to the result like this: checking for g77... no?

Not always. g77 is a free Fortran 77 compiler, as long as this package
doesn't contain
fortran code it, it can be neglected.

But if the code dependes on a feature that is detected as not present,
you should pay attention.

> If i install the software from source code,how can i uninstall it?
in the folder where you have compiled that software , type

$ sudo -c 'make uninstall'

but make sure, that you have run ./configure with the same arguments when you
first time compiled and installed it.

> --

"Be the change you want to see in the world !" Mahatma Gandhi