Re: <OT> OLPC program swings to M$

max wrote:
Ric Moore wrote:
http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/2008-05-16-microsoft-100-dollar-laptop_N.htm

Kind of a kick in the pants to RH and all of their efforts, by
Negroponte!

It costs more and can't use some of the security features or the mesh networking.

Max

Dear World: Microsoft is pleased to announce that it has come to the rescue and provided the first document standard, ooxml, in order to do what the world community and its efforts with odf couldn't do. Buy our products. We are also pleased to announce that we have come to the rescue and provided the first really worthwhile OLPC computer that couldn't work before. You may all bow down, now, and buy our products, not theirs.
Tom