polkit and userhelper not quite working after preupgrade to F9

Hi,

On two for two machines that I did the preupgrade process to bring
them up to F9.

There are a few quirks to sort out but on both machines I am getting a
lot of these types of errors whenever I am trying to do something that
requires Policykit to give me escalated privaleges:

May 16 00:22:33 localhost polkit-grant-helper-pam[25734]:
pam_unix(polkit:auth): conversation failed
May 16 00:22:33 localhost polkit-grant-helper-pam[25734]:
pam_unix(polkit:auth): auth could not identify password for [root]

The result is that the dialog asking for a password doesn't pop up so
I can't get to those administrative features. On one machine it is
preventing me from mounting other partitions, on another it is
preventing me from doing pretty much anything in the Administration
menu.

Does anyone know the missing piece of the puzzle that didn't get
pulled in in the upgrade and subsequent 'yum groupinstall "GNOME
Desktop Environment" Base' ?

/Mike