Re: Wireless NIC

Mike Dwiggins wrote:
Has anyone had any luck with a Linksys Wireless-G PCI NIC in Fedora 8? My install see's the card but not the network and assigns some weird name for the definition which changes every time I re-install.

I have a linksys in my F8 desktop at home. Sometimes it's flaky, but it works. My interface name is wlan0 and it seems to be more consistent recently with the newer kernels. I've not had to reload the IF manually due to a failure of it in a couple months.

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support