FC9 Upgrade and seemingly endless selinux-policy-targeted install

I'm upgrading from FC7 to FC9 and the installation of
selinux-policy-targeted has been running for just over 3 hours.
Apparently, one of the scripts from this RPM is running /sbin/fixfiles
which appears to be running a find command piped into restorecon.

Using lsof to see what files are open, I can kind of follow progress
on the files open by the find command.  (The restorecon command
doesn't ever seem to have any interesting files open.)  Based on where
I am, I think it is likely to take another 7-8 hours.

I know this is really impossible to predict since the find command is
not guaranteed to traverse files and directories in alphabetical
order, but it appears that the highest level directories being
traversed at this point are being done in alphabetical order.

My machine is a Dell Dimension 8300 2.8 GHz P4 dual core with 2 GB of
memory.  While not a total screamer, this machine has never seemed
slow at any task in the past.

I have about 750 GB of filesystems over 3 disks (2 large SATA and 1
medium IDE).  Almost all of the filesystems on these disks are mounted
on /usr/local/<something> which put them in the path of the find
command.

At this point, I'm not sure what choice I have but to let it continue.
I assume it will finally finish.  I know I could likely kill the find
or restorecon commands, but I would guess this would cause the install
to fail and leave my machine in a bad state.
--
David L. Crow                 DavidLCrow@xxxxxxxxx