Re: Fedora 9 Update Repositories

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> This is definitely a misconfiguration. Probably because you customized
> your repository configuration and the fedora-release update wrote its
> configuration file into a new location rather than overwriting an
> existing one.  Look for .rpmnew files in /etc/yum.repos.d and use that
> to replace your existing ones or disable the testing repos and enable
> the base ones manually.

> Rahul

Well, the only customization I ever did was add the Adobe and Livna repositories.  I checked for the .rpmnew files, but there aren't any in that directory.  In looking at the fedora.repo and fedora-updates.repo files they still show Fedora 8.  In looking at the source RPM for this, the fedora.repo and fedora-updates.repo files are always the same, and when the RPM is built it substitutes the correct version information, or maybe it does this with a pre-install script, but apparently it picked up the old version instead of the new version information.  Even manually forcing a new install of the package didn't fix the file.  I have now hand edited the file and that seems to have fixed the issue, but I'm still not sure how it got this way.