Re: beagled and beagled-helper - revving the cpu

On Thu, 2008-05-15 at 10:01 -0400, Rick Bilonick wrote:
> For the past 3 weeks my F8 (Dell Inspiron 2200 laptop) system has been
> acting strangley. (It has all the latest updates.) The cpu will start
> revving, jumping from 0 to 100% every few seconds, the mouse slows down,
> typing stops, etc. The system becomes very difficult to use. (It stops
> for a while and then starts acting up again.) When I use top, it seems
> to show beagled-helper as the culprit. Killing beagled and
> beagled-helper seems to have eliminated the problem (it's only been
> about 15 minutes). Has anyone else experienced this? There must be a
> better solution than just killing beagled and beagled-helper. (If you
> don't kill both of them and only kill the helper, it always starts up
> again.) Is this just a symptom of another problem?
>
> Rick

Apparently this has happened before with beagle. The suggestion was to
delete .beagle directory. I checked by directory and it is 8.8GB(!).
7.7GB are in an EvolutionMail folder (probably because I have too much
saved mail). So I'm going to try just deleting this folder. I should
know whether this is successful the next time I reboot the laptop.
(Killing beagled and beagle-helper has eliminated the cpu hogging.)

Rick B.