From: fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ricky
Sent: donderdag 15 mei 2008 6:16
To: For users of Fedora
Subject: Re: Fedora 9 install troubles - big

Hey,

I had the same issue (have the same card), but then i ran "setup" command and ran X Configuration, you will get configuration options, where you can change things around, i used those to change my resolution to 1680xBLAHBLAH. (One thing though, i have a 22 inch monitor which was saying that current resolution was too low or something and that i should change the configuration, but it was displaying screwed up display); but still if you havent tried setup ... might be well worth try.

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 12:03 AM, Ric Moore <wayward4now@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, 2008-05-14 at 17:58 +0200, Wim wrote:
> Hi Rick,
>
> This is a fresh install. I dedicated my Maxtor drive to Fedora.
>
> Regards,
>
> Wim

Wow, your's is a strange problem. As Rahul suggested in a couple of
posts back, try this list:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/KernelCommonProblems#head-5880fcaae620309a0c00f6778726b632819bab1a

Something like setting your ram to 1 gig instead of that whopping 8 gigs
may be something to try. The procedure is in that URL, plus other nifty
kernel problems with workarounds. Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar

Regards
Vyas, Anirudh