Re: abiword sos help!

On Wed, 2008-05-14 at 19:55 +0200, François Patte wrote:
> zip archive is OK: I can unzip it and get the xml file and open it in
> emacs. But how to convert this xml file to odt, tex, whatever I could
> handle.

A brute force and ignorance method to get your textual content out of
the XML file would be to find the XML file in the archive with the
actual document content, and load it through Lynx (that'll strip the
text out of the XML).  Then re-edit and save it, as you'll have
completely unformatted plain text (including no line breaks).  I just
tried this as an experiment with one of my own ODT files.

Alternatively, you could unpack the archive, and try and hand edit the
XML to fix whatever's wrong, then repack the archive, and see if your
word processor manages to handle that.

How you attack this might well depend on what the document was, whether
it's something simple that you can redo once you have the original text,
or something more complex.

--
[tim@bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr
2.6.23.15-80.fc7 i686 i386