Re: KDE 4...

Mike Chalmers wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if they were going the Gnome route... that
 would really suck.

Yeah, that would. No offense to Gnome users, I just don't get it.
Torvalds doesn't like Gnome, he claims that KDE does things right. He
says something like he is an expert Linux user but not a expert Gnome
user, and that KDE has the simplicity that people need.

I was a big KDE fan, it does have alot of options, which can be nice but it can suck for new users who are likely to be overwhelmed. Gnome offers less options out of the box but I have found it just as capable as KDE, for my needs anyway. When the F9 alpha released KDE did not work for me but Gnome was fine. I am going to try out KDE in the next couple of days and see what's going on there, i imagine it will be functional enough, try and remember its a major revision.

Max