Re: Service "named" in f9 - problematic

Tim <ignored_mailbox <at> yahoo.com.au> writes:

> I never did that.  What RPMs did you install?

Well I checked the bind-chroot package during install but I am now wondering
whether the fact that SElinux was enforcing perhaps prevented the chroot
environment working during the setup.  I did switch over to SElinux disabled
once the F9 system was running and then rebooted but I ought to check that
bind-chroot has installed properly when I get back to the machine later this
evening.

I might do yum remove bind-chroot (assuming it did install OK in the first
place) and then yum install bind-chroot again and then try and configure it.

caching-nameserver seems not to be in the repos as you say -

I still like to have the chrooted environment for safety - particularly
for the machine that acts as my primary lan server and offers a local dns
to machines in the local net.