Re: F9 first impressions of release - and a couple niggles

--- Timothy Murphy <gayleard@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Fedora-9 KDE Live CD runs fine on my ThinkPad T43,
> but I found the KDE changes rather disappointing.
> I couldn't see the point of most of them,
> eg the new symbols for making a window bigger or
> smaller.
> I couldn't see how to add an application to the
> panel,
> and the organisation of the main KDE menu seemed
> bizarre.

To add to a panel, right click on the application and
then select add to panel.  It will be inserted to the
right left of the workspace switcher and other icons
next to the clock.  This was mentioned in the previous
threads.  It takes getting used to it.  There ares
several things that we will all miss, but at some
point things shall stabilize and we can feel more at
home with this.

> It's a pity the CD isn't ejected when you shutdown,
> as eg the Knoppix CD is.

This is a point that shall be addressed some more on
the live-cd list.  It shall be soon incorporated if
more people ask for it.  I will forward this to
live-cd list so that they can see that people want
this feature.

> --

Regards,

Antonio