RE: Samba shares

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
|Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
|> Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
|> |defaults,context=system_u:object_r:samba_share_t 1 2

|> |You have to set the context every time you mount it, because the
|> |NTFS does not support contexts...
|>
|> How is it possible to chcon -t samba_share_t /AV when
|> the operation is refused?  Seems to me you cannot change
|> context no matter what you do?
|>
|> You can change the context on the /AV directory before
|> mounting, but when you mount /AV, context is permenently
|> fusefs_t thus chcon operations will be refused.
|>
|> Please advise,
|> Dan
|>
|mount -o context=system_u:object_r:samba_share_t:s0 -t ntfs
|/dev/sda /AV
|
|For a fstab entry, try something like:
|
|/dev/sda1 /AV ntfs context=system_u:object_r:samba_share_t:s0 1 2
|
|You have to have the :s0 or it will generate an error.

Unfortunately, it does not work.  I have been talking to
Stephen Smalley/Dan Walsh and they believe it is a bug
WRT fuse and mount context options.

The problem seems to be with fuse filesystem and it wants
to take control over mounts and ignores the context option
and you cannot (at least I was not able to) chcon -t samba_share_t
the mounted NTFS filesystem nor was I able to chmod or chgrp
this mount point.  I was able to set my own policy (with
Stephen's help) to allow samba share read-only and we were
not able to get samba share writes on NTFS.  The only temporary
solution for writes is to setenforce 0.  I will just have to
wait at the mercy of a fix for F8 and F9 apparently.

Thanks for your help anyway,
Dan