Re: Advice Please: Fedora 9, Amd Phenom 9600, Nvidia GeForce 8400 & Virtualization.

Thank you (all).
>From what I gather it is between KVM and Xen. What about VMware and VirtualBox?
The claims and counterclaims by the aforementioned vendors: is it
regarding performance or compatibility/stability issues? Does the fact
that it's an Amd Phenom 9600 (or GeForce 8400) swing the vote one way
other other?

Also with the non-kvm guys, is there a distinction which os is the
guest? (I would hate for Vista to be the main guy running Fedora as a
guest. Lemme tell you, Vista[sp1 et all] sucks. I mean, we were told
we need faster machines plus gobs of ram to appreciate Vista. After a
quite a few hours with this quad processor 6 gig ram 64 bit os--- for
the pits. -Sorry OT :))
Back to this question, does it make a difference with
Xen/VMWare/VirtualBox which os is guest?

Also, does the requirement to run multiple Fedora 9 machines swing the
vote? Can all Fedora 9 virtual machines boot off the same image/data?

Also, I think that his main reason for [also] running Windows is multi
media. If Linux hiccups on any multi media content, he does not have
the time to search/install etc, simply flip into Windows and do it
there. Unlike the other vm's that will be running various server [with
our custom] software, the Windows is just to visualize the l&f of our
software and multi media. (Having said that, it is still beneficial
for the Windows vm to be the same Windows as booted standalone, if
possible.)

Thank you all. And as you can see, virtualization is new territory for me.
nat