Re: how to sftp /home plus subdirectories -

On Mon, 2008-05-12 at 14:57 -0400, Bob Goodwin USA wrote:
> Can someone tell me what the proper command is to transfer the entire
> home directory plus it's subdirectories between two Fedora computers.  I
> have no trouble moving files but can't seem to figure out how to do it
> in one fell swoop, if it is possible to do so?
>
> I've tried gftp but that gets me into other uncertainties and has wasted
> my time.
>
> I should be able to issue a "get" command it would seem?

Rsync is superior to ftp for this, for various reasons (security,
copying permissions, compression, optionally leaving stuff out etc.
etc.). It's easiest if you have SSH access to the target machine, e.g.:

rsync -az From.some.where:/home/foo/ To.somewhere.else:/home/foo

poc