Re: What to use for pirut??

Beartooth Sciurivore wrote:
On Mon, 12 May 2008 16:56:32 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

Using it might make it easier to understand. PackageKit works across
multiple backends (different package managers like yum, apt and so on)
and UI is fire and forget. You can queue tasks without locking the UI.
PackageKit in Fedora 9 is not the latest revision since it was frozen a
while back. The latest version has many changes and when that gets
pushed out in a couple of weeks time to Fedora 9, it would be much
better.

So am I going to be able to make my normal additions and deletions -- dozens of them at a time, several times -- at once? Weeks from now? Or not ever?

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageKitFaq

One reason for concern is that I *know* anaconda for the last two or three releases has several times failed to add or to remove things I told it to. (I use the "customize now" option.)

I hope you filed bug reports.

Rahul