Re: Installing fedora with winXP

On Sun, May 11, 2008 at 6:33 PM, community help <helpcomm@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I tried to install fedora8 but the installation failed
>  because there is not enough space. I didnot create any
>  partition because i thought that fedora would be
>  capable of doing it. Now it seems that i have to. Do
>  you know about a tool that creates a partition for
>  fedora 8 from winXP.
>
>  Thanks

F8 just requires free, unused disk space. If you don't need an NTFS
partition just delete the partition. The tools in the F8 installer
should be able to create and format the necessary partitions.

Try the new live-cd's from PartedMagic,
http://partedmagic.com/wiki/PartedMagic.php , and System Rescue,
http://www.sysresccd.org/Main_Page . I don't know how well or if
either can preserve data. If you need to shrink existing Windows
partition(s) and preserve the data within, Partition Magic is hard to
beat.

If you don't want to go through the hassle of re-partitioning your
drive why don't you try running F8 under VMware Server or VMware
Player?