Resolved: moving /home , no joy

On Thu, 8 May 2008, Tim wrote:

> Tim:
> >> It should do, and is easy enough to test (add the resume parameter to
> >> the kernel line, and put an entry into fstab for your swap partition).
>
> Michael Hennebry:
> > Alas, for some reason it didn't do.
> > My FC8 has a boot partition.
> > I tried both resume=/dev/hda5 and resume=/../dev/hda5 .
> > FC8  complained that it couldn't find either one.
>
> Aha!  Try "/dev/sda5" instead of hda5.  All drives got treated as SCSI a
> couple of versions back.  It's a device name, not a path.  And the
> resume partition is the swap partition, not the boot partition.

Yes. Yes. Yes.
Fedora likes me now.
Thank you.
Thank you.
Thank you.

The FC8 fstab used labels, which concealed the change.
The old swap label, swap-hda5, was especially uninformative.

I tried to use labels, but at the time
couldn't figure out how to label a partition.

--
Michael   hennebry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Those parts of the system that you can hit with a hammer (not advised)