Re: upgrade from fedora core 6 to 9

On Wed, 2008-05-07 at 15:52 +0200, Mathieu Kretchner wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I would like to upgrade my home computer with fc9 from fc6 and I
> wondering if there is no problem to do the gap ?
>
> Further more I've a md0 device in raid 1 on my box and I would like to
> know if the install DVD will see it well ?
> Or do you think I must backup all my data all start from scratch ?

You did it again.

*Please stop hijacking threads!*

Perhaps you don't understand what I mean, or why it's so annoying, so
I'll explain:

Hijacking means replying to a message on a list and changing both the
subject line and the topic to something different from the message being
replied to. It's annoying because many of us use email clients with
standards-based threading, meaning that your off-topic reply is nested
within a completely unrelated conversation, because it includes the
In-Reply-To header. In fact I note you're using Thunderbird, so
presumably you are seeing this behaviour yourself if you have threading
enabled.

The way to introduce a new topic is to start your own thread. In many
mailers, including Thunderbird, you can simply click on the To: line in
any of the list messages and get a fresh message window without
hijacking.

Lists are useful to the extent people are willing to help each other.
Violations of netiquette are not a way to get a sympathetic ear.

poc