Re: X: attempt to access private resource?

On Tue, 6 May 2008 23:43:59 +0100
"Jonathan Underwood" <jonathan.underwood@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >  Should I be trying ssh -Y instead of ssh -X (which my fingers type
> >  from reflex)? I have to say I have no idea what the man page is
> >  talking about with the difference between -X and -Y.
> >

> This looks like:
>
> http://openssh.com/faq.html#3.13
>
> If that doesn't solve your issue, then file a bug.

Yea, using "trusted" X11 forwarding (whatever the $#@! that is :-)
fixes the problem, but I still can't wrap my brain around why
the program always works on the 2nd try. If it is the same dadgum
program, won't it be doing the same untrusted operation the second
time I run it?

It is behavior like this what causes unrest (to paraphrase
Monty Python :-).