Re: NM - where are the docs?

Timothy Murphy wrote:
I should be happy that NetworkManager has been working flawlessly
on all my machines for a couple of months now.

Previously I had to go through a bizarre sequence of operations
to get it working, taking my PCMCIA card in and out,
re-starting NetworkManager and NetworkManagerDispatcher services,
occasionally having to re-boot the machine.
Some recent NM update seems to have cured all the problems.

But I am still somewhat dissatisfied, because I don't like magic.
I have no idea _how_ NM is working,
and I don't see any documentation on my system to help me understand.

I've no idea what NetworkManagerDispatcher is supposed to do,
or what, if anything, should be in /etc/NetworkManager/dispatcher.d/ .

Is there a NetworkManager FAQ or tutorial somewhere?

You can checkout http://live.gnome.org/NetworkManager

Alan