Re: [Fedora] Re: Remote Desktop on FC8

Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:
Mark Haney wrote:
Um, just for giggles, why not just export X over SSH? Is there a reason that won't work for you?
Because the remote machine doesn't have X nor an X-client on it. So I need to connect to the FC8's desktop.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if the machine has a desktop running, doesn't it also have X? I've never seen a linux box with a running desktop not have an XF86 or Xorg server not running to actually give you the desktop. Is there some other way for,say KDE, to run without an X server behind it?

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support