Re: Fedora Desktop future- RedHat moves

On Wed, 2008-04-30 at 19:33 -0400, Ric Moore wrote:
> As Edward R. Morrow said, when accused by Senator Joe McCarthy as being
> a "fellow traveler" when he publicly criticized the Senator and the
> method and scope of his hearings,
>
> "Do not confuse my dissent with disloyalty."

I'll really worry if FESCO splits off an "UnFedora Activities
Committee".

> While there may be as many better ways to improve Fedora as there are
> users, again dissent is not disloyalty. All of us merely grope for
> commonality between the needs of the communities of users and the
> developers of the Fedora Project, while respecting the traditions and
> focus of the group, as a whole. Having no small measure of brains
> amongst us, provides a "spirited" debate. Thesis vs Antithesis equals
> Synthesis.

Oh, I dunno.  The path to perfection, for some people, is the ability to
forget their own shortcomings.  I suppose criticizing them is a form of
pseudo-hubris.  Fortunately, that doesn't apply to most of the people
here.

> To those with small measures of brains, the killfile is effective. I am
> no longer afflicted by the top-posters.  Ric

Annoying != Stupid.  You, of course, are free to decide how to deal with
nuisances.

Dave