Re: Program killed as soon as it starts to run

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 12:22 PM, Paul Smith <phhs80@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  Thanks, F8, at my work. However, at home with F8 as well, no problem
>  occurs. After having untarred the Algencan source tarball to my home
>  directory, from
>
>  http://www.ime.usp.br/~egbirgin/tango/downloads.php
>
>  and run
>
>  make PROBNAME=toyprob
>
>  inside the Algencan directory, I get a binary file in
>
>  /home/psmith/algencan-2.0-beta/bin/fortran
>
>  When I run the binary, it is immediately killed.

Well, I'll try to be more helpful this time.  It works fine for me on
my updated rawhide system.  It's probably something peculiar to the
state of your system.  Low on memory?  Running out of processes?  This
thread may help:

http://fixunix.com/linux/219215-anomalous-sigkill.html

Good luck,
reid